5.03.2010

Hurry Up, Summer

Last Saturday the sun came out, after several weeks of rarely-broken spring rain. I borrowed a shovel from my in-laws, turned up some sod alongside the house--I haven't turned sod in years, it was harder than I remembered--and very carefully planted my two flopping tomato plants, both of which had well outgrown their pots.

Then we got a rainstorm with a lot of wind. And of all things, there's no gutter on that section of roof. Did I check that? Nope. It didn't even occur to me to look.



Now I feel guilty. Poor little things ... I'm not sure what to do for them except pray for sunshine. A couple of warm sunny days would make them all better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are currently moderated. Friendly comments are welcomed with fairy music, magic wishes, and possible unicorn sightings. Troll comments will be Transfigured into decent-looking rocks or Vanished. Spam comments will be shot down with blasters.