3.16.2010

Tasty Tuesday: Chocolate Chip Cookies with Whole Wheat

Tasty Tuesday
Chocolate chip cookies are some of my favorite, favorite things -- especially with a cup of whole milk. This recipe cuts way back on cookie guilt, and I love it, whole wheat, walnuts and all. I don't know where Mom got the recipe, but I grew up with these.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup white flour
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 12-oz package of chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts

Cream butter, sugars, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs.

Combine flours, baking soda and salt, and stir gradually into creamed mixture. Beat well.

Stir in chips and nuts. Drop by teaspoons (ha, I shoot closer to tablespoons) onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for about eight minutes.

Oh, weird. I guess I've had this recipe memorized wrong -- I always bake them at 350 degrees for about ten minutes. You shall do as you choose.

2 comments:

All comments are currently moderated. Friendly comments are welcomed with fairy music, magic wishes, and possible unicorn sightings. Troll comments will be Transfigured into decent-looking rocks or Vanished. Spam comments will be shot down with blasters.